I’ve been challenging myself to show my husband that I still appreciate him. Although it’s nice to acknowledge our love on a special day, I think it counts more when we demonstrate it on a consistent basis.
It’s so easy to get caught up in my needs rather than my husband’s, and loving him in a way that will keep him full instead of empty.
I want my husband to know he’s loved and no matter how many years we’ve been married, he’s still the awesome man that I adore!
Today, I want to share 7 ways we can show our husbands love.
1. Pray for him, not just about him. Pray for his spiritual walk, physical and mental health, role as a husband and father, work or business, wisdom, finances, etc.
2. Support his dreams. Do you know your husband’s dreams? If not, ask him. How can you help him make his dream a reality? What skills do you have that will bless your husband’s endeavors.
3. Be his help meet. The Bible instructs us to be our husband’s helper. According to Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary, a help meet is suitable for him; help as his partner. In other words, you were created for this! How are you assisting your husband so that he can be a better person and perform at his best?
4. Participate in his interests. If your husband loves sports or a particular hobby you have the responsibility to take care in what he enjoys. When we decide to look at are husband’s interests as something that is “his thing, “ I believe we are hindering the opportunity to develop a genuine relationship with our spouse.
I am not saying we have to become passionate about those things, but showing him that what he likes matters, is another way to show your appreciation.
5. Keeping up with your appearance. Taking the time to look attractive for our husbands shows that we care about our image and we desire to look our best for them. I have learned from my own husband that they are visual beings, it creates a positive difference when we make the effort to look our best for our husbands.
6. Meet his needs. I am not talking about hobbies here (wink)! In the book, His Needs, Her Needs the author talks about meeting your husband’s chief needs. Are you aware of your husband’s primary needs? If not ask him, it will save you time and sanity! In the meantime, start with being affectionate, flirt with him and be intimate on a regular basis. Also, cooking or learning how to cook his favorite meals helps too!
7. Encourage him. Find ways to lift up your husband. Compliment and smile at him often, these simple acts make a big difference in demonstrating our love.
Sometimes, I also send my husband a love note via text message to let him know I am thinking of him and appreciate his hard work.
Now, I challenge you to demonstrate some of the ways mentioned above or come up with your own creative ways to show your husband love.
Share your ideas in the comments.