- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 1/2 c All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 1/2 c Milk
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 1 Egg
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar. Set aside.
- Melt 3 tbsp. of butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, pure vanilla extract and egg.
- Make a well in your dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, mix together. Add the melted butter last and mix thoroughly.
- Let batter sit for 5-10 mins or make immediately if you are short on time.
- Ladle waffle batter in the waffle iron, cook until done (follow the instructions of your waffle maker).
- Serve them hot with your favorite toppings!
- If the batter is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk to make a thinner consistency.
- For a dairy free version replace butter, milk, and eggs with coconut oil, nut milk and an egg replacer (follow directions equivalent to 1 egg)
- Waffles can be made ahead of time and frozen. I place them in a ziploc bag with wax paper in between each waffle.
- For pancakes, thin batter with water or milk until you reach your desired consistency. I like mine to be a liquid-like drizzle, it makes it easy to form a good pancake on the griddle or in a pan.