Easter is right around the corner. I am sure you’ve noticed the bunnies, candy, and baskets that are vying for our attention during this time of the year. These items are fun and yummy, but I have purposed to look beyond the bunny and teach my children the real reason for this season.
As a Christian and Mom, it’s my responsibility to teach my children about Jesus and the purpose of Easter.
And why not have fun doing it?
Homeschool is a great opportunity to incorporate lessons about Resurrection Sunday.
Here are 10 simple Easter activities for young homeschoolers:
- Coloring pages are a great art activity for young learners, these pages can provide a visual as they a learning about Jesus.
- The Jelly Bean Prayer is a yummy idea to help children learn a beautiful prayer that shares the story of Easter.
- The Stained Glass Easter Cross is an artful way to display the Cross in your window during Easter, or all year long.
- The Easter Story Wreath is a wonderful way to teach older children about the events that lead up to Resurrection Sunday.
- Resurrection Eggs takes the fun and tradition of an Easter egg hunt while adding a more meaningful approach to the activity.
- The Cross Fingerpaint Craft is a fun, colorful art project and Bible lesson for children young and old.
- The Easter Story Game is an innovative way to tell the story of Jesus.
- Story Books are a great way to teach the true meaning of Easter.
- Easter Bingo is a clever way to use a classic game to tell the story of Easter. The website suggests using jelly beans as makers.
- Videos that are based on the story of Jesus are another way to illustrate and teach our children.
These ideas would also be great for your family or a Sunday school class activity.
Have a wonderful Easter!